Bike Friday

Posted by: gera

Bike Friday - 05/31/06 07:08 PM

Hi
anyone have experience with this folding bike http://www.bikefriday.de/04/nwt.htm, maybe I would like to get one for travelling
Posted by: merlintandem

Re: Bike Friday - 06/11/06 02:35 PM

It rides like a normal bike, but depending to the small wheels it is not very comfortable and the wheels become quite hot/ to my mind too hot, when there are too many mountains, so I stoped the idea to use it for travelling. It was fine in town.
Edgar

Re: Bike Friday - 06/11/06 09:13 PM

Hi Edgar
so you use to have one?,did you try it on mountains?you say is geting hot when you are going down the hills?at whar speed?
Thanks
Greetings

Re: Bike Friday - 06/12/06 06:03 AM

NO , I have sold the Bike Friday, now I use a bike with S&S couplings, this makes much more sense for traveling, see www.sandsmachine.com , its to my mind imossible to go down a mountain pass with a small wheel bike and lot of travelling gear.
Whenever you are interested in an S&S frame, I still have a 17inch frame to sell.

Re: Bike Friday - 06/12/06 04:31 PM

Hi
I didn t know this frames like this ,it s possible to cut any frames? for a example a Manufaktur T400 do know if they do it in Germany.
How much do you want for your frame?can you send me some pictures
Greetings

Re: Bike Friday - 06/12/06 05:57 PM

You can cut every steel or titanium frame and let braze the cupplers into the frame, but it is for a new frame still 500$/ Euros extra and than you have to pay the repainting also. I want for the frame only 500Euros, for pictures I must have your email. The frame has got new red powdercoat.
Edgar

Re: Bike Friday - 06/12/06 06:24 PM

Hi
here is my mail uzi26@hotmail.com, so you can send me the pictures
thank you