Radreise & Fernradler Forum
Radreise & Fernradler Forum
Wer ist online?
6 Mitglieder (noireg-b, BikerBernd, 4 unsichtbar), 539 Gäste und 942 Suchmaschinen sind im Forum unterwegs.
Details
Erweitert
Rund ums Forum
Regeln
Die Regeln für dieses Forum
Nutzungsbedingungen
Vereinbarungen für die Benutzung
Das Team
Wer steht hinter dem Forum?
Verifizierung
Offenlegung deiner Identität
Beteiligte Homepages
Radreise-Seiten, die das Forum eingebunden haben
Mach mit!
Dieses Forum für deine Homepage
RSS Feeds RSS
Eine Übersicht öffentlicher RSS Feeds
Plauderecke
Zum Unterhalten und Plauschen
Die Geschichte
Die Geschichte des Forums
Spende
Unterstütze das Forum
Radreise-Wiki
Partnerseiten
Statistik
29207 Mitglieder
97624 Themen
1532691 Beiträge

In den letzten 12 Monaten waren 2217 Mitglieder aktiv. Die bislang meiste Aktivität war am 02.02.24 17:09 mit 5102 Besuchern gleichzeitig.
mehr...
Vielschreiber (30 Tage)
veloträumer 60
Keine Ahnung 54
Falk 53
Juergen 50
iassu 45
Themenoptionen
#209486 - 21.10.05 10:47 Ethiopia
super mono
Mitglied
Themenersteller
abwesend abwesend
Anyone biked in Ethiopia? We are planning a trip of the northern curuit in Dec/Jan...4 weeks.
What to do about the kids who throw rocks?
Can I buy alchol for my trangia?
Can we "wild" camp or are there too many people and not enuf wild spaces?
Any useful info would be much appreciated.
Nach oben   Versenden Drucken
#213350 - 10.11.05 17:01 Re: Ethiopia [Re: super mono]
wodo
Mitglied Übernachtungsnetzwerk
abwesend abwesend
hi, yes I was cycling in ethiopia three years ago during the summer in the north and south.
Well its difficcult to describe the country but i general is pretty hard travelling by bike there, but if you dont have esperience about Africa is better that you choose anothtes countrie to begin.
Bad roads in the north, a lot of mountains, difficult to find suplies,isolated areas whithout villages ,etc.. but breathtakings landscapes,uncontaminated people by tourisim, truly Africa really. South is better, paves roads till 250 kms from Addis after to Hagar continous more or less well , if you wanna go to the Kenia border the trip will be risk, malaria, no towns, shiftas( thiefs) and unfriendly tribes some times and difficult to find out places to get food and water, if you want to visit this area is better that you contact with a local guides .
I said the bad things , just in case, but is a beatiful countri, friendly people and really I dint have any trouble when I was there , and for me worth the trave despite teh difficults thatt you have to face.
If u want more information you can contact with me by email
#232609 - 15.03.06 15:24 Re: Ethiopia [Re: super mono]
flotter
Mitglied
abwesend abwesend
First,Excuse my poor english.I cycled from Addis to Lalibela,Gonder ,Bar Dar and back to Addis.Wonderful country,wonderful and horrible people(ONE HALF IS NICE ONE HALF IS BAD).Cycling is very hard in the north,lots of hills and high attitude,but wonderful countryside and monastries.You can use your dent,but be sure nobody can see it.I stayed mostly in Hotels(Every 50-120 km)becouse of safety.When you met kids on the road entertain them,dont shout .As more fun they have with you as less stones will fly behind you. My personal Highlight was the bad road from Kobo to Lalibella,a two days mountainbike ride into the wonderful Lasta Highlands on a four wheel drive road,no cars,less people,wonderful nature,a dream,but a tour just for the hard one.I cycled four weeks long, it was very,very,very hard,sometimes i was so angry ,but i liked it soooooo much .Have fun.

www.bikefreaks.de