Radreise & Fernradler Forum
Radreise & Fernradler Forum
Wer ist online?
11 Mitglieder (toolerich, thomas-b, Fusilli, Meillo, stefan1893, snoopy-226k, 4 unsichtbar), 337 Gäste und 669 Suchmaschinen sind im Forum unterwegs.
Details
Erweitert
Rund ums Forum
Regeln
Die Regeln für dieses Forum
Nutzungsbedingungen
Vereinbarungen für die Benutzung
Das Team
Wer steht hinter dem Forum?
Verifizierung
Offenlegung deiner Identität
Beteiligte Homepages
Radreise-Seiten, die das Forum eingebunden haben
Mach mit!
Dieses Forum für deine Homepage
RSS Feeds RSS
Eine Übersicht öffentlicher RSS Feeds
Plauderecke
Zum Unterhalten und Plauschen
Die Geschichte
Die Geschichte des Forums
Spende
Unterstütze das Forum
Radreise-Wiki
Partnerseiten
Statistik
29207 Mitglieder
97624 Themen
1532677 Beiträge

In den letzten 12 Monaten waren 2219 Mitglieder aktiv. Die bislang meiste Aktivität war am 02.02.24 17:09 mit 5102 Besuchern gleichzeitig.
mehr...
Vielschreiber (30 Tage)
veloträumer 60
Falk 53
Keine Ahnung 53
Juergen 51
iassu 46
Themenoptionen
#333636 - 12.05.07 17:45 How to protect gear-shifter at the airport
vagabond
Mitglied
Themenersteller
abwesend abwesend
Any smart eqiupement that is made to protect the gear shifter back when you need to take a flight.
Normally this is not a problem. And it would not be very difficult to contruct something myself.
But if a patent was already made..
Or do you have any tips?
Biking is about maximum 1-6 hours each day on the wheels. And 4-12 half liters each day. On interrail you travel from a to b, on bike you travel between a to b. A old visdom word from Norway
Nach oben   Versenden Drucken
#333697 - 12.05.07 20:53 Re: How to protect gear-shifter at the airport [Re: vagabond]
Mitglied
abwesend abwesend
Are you writing about the gearschift lever or about the rear gearmech?
My way of protecting a rearmech when boxing up a bike for taking it along on a plane, is quite simple.
I unschrew the rearmech from the dropout and let it hang under the rear chainstay. (I tie it up a bit with a bit of string, or in the past I have used a pedalstrap). I also reverse the pedals!
When reattaching it, the adjustments of the gears will be the same as before when I detached it.
If packing a bike with the wheels removed, I put dummy axels between the rear and front dropouts to prevent bending of the frame or of the fork.
Dummy axles can be made from left over wheelaxels.

Ralf

Geändert von Doc Reynolds (12.05.07 20:57)
#335465 - 19.05.07 17:17 Re: How to protect gear-shifter at the airport [Re: 531]
vagabond
Mitglied
Themenersteller
abwesend abwesend
Iam meaning the rear gearmech.
I guess you have right. Best solution is to remove it. But iam not so mechanical so i think i just take some hard isopor and make a hole in it and just use some strong tape.

Thanks anyway.
Biking is about maximum 1-6 hours each day on the wheels. And 4-12 half liters each day. On interrail you travel from a to b, on bike you travel between a to b. A old visdom word from Norway
#335479 - 19.05.07 18:25 Re: How to protect gear-shifter at the airport [Re: vagabond]
Mitglied
abwesend abwesend
Takeing off the rear Mech realy and later putting it back on is no big deal.
You kust have to undo one bolt with an alankey.
You just lett it hang on the chain and the cable.
Putting it back on will not have changed anything with setting of the gears.
Ralf

www.bikefreaks.de