Radreise & Fernradler Forum
Radreise & Fernradler Forum
Wer ist online?
9 Mitglieder (silbermöwe, Fahrradfips, 7 unsichtbar), 314 Gäste und 808 Suchmaschinen sind im Forum unterwegs.
Details
Erweitert
Rund ums Forum
Regeln
Die Regeln für dieses Forum
Nutzungsbedingungen
Vereinbarungen für die Benutzung
Das Team
Wer steht hinter dem Forum?
Verifizierung
Offenlegung deiner Identität
Beteiligte Homepages
Radreise-Seiten, die das Forum eingebunden haben
Mach mit!
Dieses Forum für deine Homepage
RSS Feeds RSS
Eine Übersicht öffentlicher RSS Feeds
Plauderecke
Zum Unterhalten und Plauschen
Die Geschichte
Die Geschichte des Forums
Spende
Unterstütze das Forum
Radreise-Wiki
Partnerseiten
Statistik
29207 Mitglieder
97624 Themen
1532677 Beiträge

In den letzten 12 Monaten waren 2219 Mitglieder aktiv. Die bislang meiste Aktivität war am 02.02.24 17:09 mit 5102 Besuchern gleichzeitig.
mehr...
Vielschreiber (30 Tage)
veloträumer 60
Keine Ahnung 53
Falk 53
Juergen 51
iassu 46
Themenoptionen
#430196 - 12.04.08 16:03 manchester to benicassim
lav
Mitglied
Themenersteller
abwesend abwesend
hi!
im thinking of cycling from manchester [or preston] to spain starting from the start of june and need to be benicassim [up the coast from valencia] for the 14th of july.
i ride 8miles a day [to and from uni] at the moment but pretty sure i can ramp it up to 50+ a day, i havent done any massive bike trips before but ive done about 50 when i was alot younger so i reckon i should be ok.

has anyone got any tips? such as whats the crack with crossing the channel - ie best place to go from/to? is sleeping in fields ok? and anything else people can think of.
ive done a fair bit of travelling and sleeping rough before so that isnt a problem, more just the logistics of having a bike

cheers
andy
Nach oben   Versenden Drucken
#432527 - 20.04.08 17:02 Re: manchester to benicassim [Re: lav]
whisky
Mitglied Übernachtungsnetzwerk
abwesend abwesend
Hi Andy,

Welcome smile

The logistics with a bicycle are not that different. You just can take a normal ferry and you put your bike in the lower deck between the cars. Best place is probably Dover but better check first. Wild camping is not allowed in France but if you start camping just after sunset nobody will bother you. If not try to ask the local farmers. Better start learning a little French as the French themselves don't (want to) speak English.

Should you decide to go by plane you can buy a bicycle pyjama , basically a plastic sheet to protect your bike.

Cycle the world,
Marc

Geändert von whisky (20.04.08 17:04)
Nach oben   Versenden Drucken

www.bikefreaks.de