I am interested in combining learning spanish (I have a basic knowledge of it already and now going through a crash course) with doing a bike tour in Cuba or maybe Costa Rica (or elsewhere?) The current plan is for 2-4 weeks through Cuba in May 2012 (low season after tourists leave and before Cubans go on vacation.)

I would love to find someone who wants to learn and PRACTICE spanish on this trip and while meeting locals. Or else maybe even someone who already speaks spanish and who is interested in sharing that knowledge with me! There isn't so much camping in Cuba so probably I'd skip the tent this time and use the "casa particulars."

Anyway, I'm flexible and we could even use a bus or whatever, if we want to visit far away sections of the island, since there is just no way to pedal the entire island within a month I think (this is not a speed contest!) Or else we can limit the trip to a specific area, like maybe start from Havana and move on from there. Everything is still open for discussions, including destination and dates. Everything except the part about learning spanish smile

If you have any interest, contact me and we'll take it from there. I have already travelled with someone I had never met (from Kuwait!) and it's been a very rewarding experience. I wish to repeat this feat with someone sane, safe, fun, who likes to enjoy the places and people we meet, as well as have "una cerveza" at the end of the day smile